One Phat Grrl

onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Life and the pursuit...

I've got to stop watching the news, reading CNN.com or even thinking about Fox News. I'm over it all. It's sensory overload. You don't know whether to laugh, cry or scream at the crap flashing before you...it's all just too much.


In other news..(news, ha!) for some reason, someone I haven't seen in nearly two years or talked to in almost as much keeps poping in to my head. I used to be best friends with someone named James, whom I haven't seen since I was fired back in 2004 and haven't really talked to since then either. We've chatted a time or two, but nothing major. All the sudden on Monday he popped in to my head. I don't think it was something I read or saw that triggered it, but it might have been. I dunno, it's weird. I've not really thought about him in a long time--and I liked it that way. It took a long time for me to de-James as it were. Don't get me wrong, it was nice to be friends--but as time has passed I've pretty much decided most of that friendship was not really the healthiest. At the time I didn't care, but now I would NEVER allow myself to be friends with someone in that capcity ever again. I don't like the fact that he is in my head again for some reason. Our friendship disappeared (sort of) on bad terms...thinking about him makes me think about all the things that happened surrounding it. It's sad to spend so many years nuturing a friendship to have it end in a matter of months. What a waste..


On the other hand, a good friend I had about 10 years ago has suddenly reappeard (again, sort of) in my life. I was friends with a girl named Amy for several years and I don't really remember how--but we lost contact about 8 years ago. It was before my sister married her soon to be ex husband that I last talked to her. Actually, we'd not talked for about two years prior to that and just one day out of the blue I called her back in 98'. We made plans to meet for coffee and cake but they never manifested. Now, almost 10 years later she saw my sister's blog on Myspace and said hello. Nothing has happened as of yet, but she's happy to have found me. She's married now and has 2 kids. That was shocking. I always thought she'd get married, she's just that type of girl--but the kids part is crazy. More power to her though!


Seeing her on Myspace, I searched all alumni of my high school and found quite a few people on there that I went to high school with. The vast majority are still here or are at least in Nashvegas. There are a few though that are scattered about--one as far away as California. It's like leaves on a tree...depending on the breeze that picks you up, you could end up in Wyoming or you could end up in the trash bin.

Home is...home. This weekend, the newest puppy Ethel had to go to the vet---ear issue. She didn't seem bothered by it, but I did. So I took her in and we got her all fixed up. Everyone commented on what a beautiful and sweet dog she was. She is. She is by far one of the best behaved dogs I've ever been around. She looks at you with those big brown eyes and you just melt. I love her very much--can't imagine her not being there now.

Things with my sister are so-so. I'm just trying to maintain at this point. It's pointless to try and explain anything to her because she doesn't care and I'm over trying to explain it to anyone else that might listen. I find it's best to just keep on keeping on until other arrangements can be made.

So, that's it in a nutshell. Not much to tell--which is good.

xoxoxo